You can download the Call for Papers with background information on the conference topic here.
Please upload proposals for your contribution (single presentation or proposal for a panel) in German or English, including the names and contact details of all contributors involved, via the conference website by 31 March 2018. Where possible, please select one of the themes:
- Impacts and repercussions of political and social changes to the welfare state on social organisations
- Relationship between paid employment, volunteering and social movements in the (dis-)organisation and (de-)institutionalisation of social work and social pedagogy
- Precarisation, the organisation of work and the provision of services, especially in the context of gender relations
- Organisational consequences of and reactions to the economisation of professional social work and social pedagogy
- Conditions and consequences of (dis-)organisation and (de-)institutionalisation in social work/social pedagogy training and research
- Socio-materiality, knowledge and technology in the organisation and institutionalisation of social work and social pedaogy
- Public possibilities for negotiating and shaping the (dis-)organisation and (de-)institutionalisation of social work and social pedagogy
Your proposal should provide information about the research question or the objective, methodology, theoretical references, any references to your own projects and the intended contribution to the discussion. Not only individual contributions may be submitted (approx. 30 min. including discussion; abstract approx. 2–3,000 characters), but also proposals for organising an entire panel or workshop (1.5 to 2 hours, abstract up to 4,000 characters).
You will receive a response in mid-April 2018. Selected contributions in German or English will be published subsequently to the conference in the publication series of the ÖFEB Social Pedagogy Section at Barbara Budrich Publishers (print plus Open Access one year after publication).